Sunday, May 27, 2007

Jared Steffensen


As I've been posting on a couple of artists lately, I had to include Jared Steffensen, who I found on this groovy Dutch blog Bezembinder Illustrated Links. He does really cute small sculptures, which, on his website, he refers to as 'portable objects'. He also makes 'home installations' where a living space has been transformed into an autumn wonderland called 'I used to live in Utah', or a tropical island setting called 'Erin is from Hawaii'.

In the other work
'Fantasy Hansland' pictured above, he placed window boxes outside a suburban house and painted them with beach and palm tree paintings in order 'to seperate the house from it's neighborhood.' More of his work can be seen on his website.
I got the images from both
Bezembinder Illustrated Links, and Jared Steffennsen's website www.jaredsteffensen.com (links above)
xxxx


No comments: