Friday, April 27, 2007

Happy World Graphic Design Day


Today is World Graphic Design Day - and I celebrated by buying a new font, called 'Kelvar Slab' (which I've used above) from the fantastic design and typography studio 'Letterbox'. They took festivities to a whole new level, by putting a font for sale on eBay. I haven't checked the auction results yet, but it'll be interesting to see how it goes - it's never been done before.

Anyway, it's been fun posting about different designers all week. I've learned heaps and have new found respect for some designers I didn't know much about before. A highlight for me has been Paula Scher's maps. When I've finished my freelance job I might do a map of my daily walks in Bondi. Also next week is Fashion Week in Sydney. Won't be posting every day but will post my favourites.

xxxx

2 comments:

marisa said...

love the new graphic, i just want it to be bigger so i can get a better look at it!
have you heard anything about cohen et sabine's parade for next week??

Annalisa Backlund said...

Thanks darling,
Don't think Cohen et Sabine are showing at fashion week this year. I just checked out the Zurich gallery. What an unreal bunch of artists! No wonder you're nervous!